Cardinal Properties originated in 2006 to explore the vision of its shareholders who recognised a shortage of high quality housing developments in the country. Since then we have successfully completed numerous high quality developments, becoming the leading, most trusted property developer in the country.
What we do
- We buy land
- We design master plans to create the most desirable product mix for the market.
- We ensure our land is legally permitted in all aspects of development complying with EMA, Councils and engineering departments.
- We build roads, water, sewer, storm water drains and electrical infrastructure to the highest standards for permit compliance.
- We create the desire for our properties by thoroughly researching and understanding the market and creating a comprehensive marketing plan through effect media channels
- We take the sales agreement to conveyancing for the transfer to title ensuring that the client has total peace of mind.
Jeremy Brooke - Executive Chairman
From 2007 until late 2014, Jeremy was the Group Chief Executive Officer of National Foods. Jeremy had previously held senior management positions with Innscor Africa, which he joined in 2001, prior to which he was Managing Director and equity partner of Shearwater, a tourism and adventure company. Jeremy sits on a number of boards and charitable trusts
Gerry Hipwell – Managing Director
Gerry Holds and honour degree in Economics from Rhodes university. He has over 20 years of experience in managing a variety of public and private businesses in Zimbabwe and the region. He was CEO of DAWN AFRICA (Subsidiary of JSE listed DAWN), with operations across Southern Africa and was a member of the Group Exco board in Johannesburg. In Zimbabwe, he was CEO of ZSE listed Pioneer Corporation Africa, Farm and City subsidiary of CFI Holdings as well as City Glass. Gerry set up ASTIZ ZIMBABWE, a wholesale building supplier, as a JV between Swiss owned Franke and SAFFER South Africa.
Tendai Manyanda, Director – Legal and Compliance
Tendai has 16 years working experience, 7 of which have been spent in the land development sector. She is currently the Director responsible for the group’s legal and compliance projects and has over the years grown her experience in the development of mixed use land development projects which include use of land for residential, commercial and light industrial purposes.
Prior to joining the Cardinal team, Tendai worked in the banking sector at Genesis Investment Bank and Renaissance Merchant Bank as well as for the Zimra Revenue Authority where she acquired analytical and client relationship skills.
She is the holder of a Degree in Economics from the University of Zimbabwe and a Law Degree from the University of South Africa
Peter Chadwick - Head of Treasury
Peter holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Cape Town and a Bachelor of Accounting Science (Honours) degree from UNISA. He is a Chartered Accountant , having articled with Deloitte and Touche. He has worked in Corporate Finance with Merchant Bank of Central Africa , was the Financial Director and subsequently Managing Director of Haggie Rand Zimbabwe ( a subsidiary of Anglo American South Africa) , Managing Director of Imara Corporate Finance and CFX Merchant Bank. Peter is currently Non Executive Chairman of the Brown Engineering Group.
Charles Zamangwe – Finance Director
Charles holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) Degree and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting - Honours) degree from the University of Johannesburg.
He is a Chartered Accountant, having articled with PricewaterhouseCoopers (South Africa), where he had unique experience in auditing various top tier retail and investment banks in South Africa including Absa Capital, JP Morgan and First Rand.
After completing his articles, he was an external consultant to Rand Merchant Bank (South Africa), involved in the implementation of a new system for financial reporting purposes. Upon returning to Zimbabwe, Charles joined Cardinal Corporation, where he has been for 6 years and is now currently a Finance Director.
Kevin Smith – Operations Director
Kevin holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Rhodes University (Economics and Law honours). Prior to joining Cardinal Corporation he worked in property management for international property services companies, JHI Excellerate and Cushman & Wakefield Excellerate, providing property services to a number of listed companies throughout Zimbabwe.
It is our stated ambition:
- To be the most trusted property development company in Zimbabwe in all aspects of property development and management thereof
- To achieve equal or better than regional performance benchmarks in every indicator
- To offer a compelling value proposition to our clients by providing the most professional, informative, transparent and dedicated service in the country
- To provide land options in every major centre within Zimbabwe for residential, commercial and industrial users.
Our core values
- Our customers are our business
- To always act with integrity
- To value our people
- We invest in our society
- We believe in teamwork
- We are obsessed with quality and executional excellence
What we believe
- Local knowledge can only be gained by living it
- Our products are designed to meet client needs
- A product for every purchaser
- Each Skill set must add value to the final product
- Our Service is measured against regional benchmarks
- Curiosity leads to differentiation and constant improvement
- We are only satisfied as our least satisfied customer
- Alone we are good together we are great